- Cotton Slightly Higher in Early Wednesday Trade
- Domestic cotton futures are trading 2 lower to 14 higher in early midweek action. Tuesday cotton trading left the board 23 to 27 points higher. December still holds a premium to the other nearby new crop contracts, as the inverse to March is now 29 points. NOAA’s updated 7-day QPF...
- Soybeans Try to Shake Off Bearish Weather and Yield Forecasts
- Midweek soy futures are 3 to 5 cents higher thus far. There were no August soybean futures deliveries, and in fact there are currently no warehouse receipts registered for delivery. The oldest long is dated December 31,2020. Front month soybean futures gave back Monday gains and closed 25 3/4 to...
- Corn Futures Up 1 to 2 Cents Early Wednesday
- Wednesday corn trading has begun, with futures 1 to 2 cents higher. Turnaround Tuesday ended with corn futures 6 1/4 to 8 1/4 cents lower. Preliminary open interest suggested long liquidation, dropping 1,059 contracts. Dec ’22 was UNCH, with Dec ’23 up 3/4. Barchart updated their cmdtyView Corn Yield forecast...
- Cattle Futures Higher As Options Pin Positioning Begins
- At the Tuesday close, front month cattle futures were a nickel to $1.12 higher led by August and October. August LC options expire on Friday. Deliveries against August begin with FND on the 9th. There were reports of Tuesday cash activity at $120 in Texas. USDA reported more light sales...
- Hogs Extend Early Week Rally
- Front month lean hog futures rallied triple digits on Tuesday. Prices have not yet recovered all of last week’s drop. USDA’s National Average Base hog price for Tuesday afternoon was 60 cents weaker to $100.60. The 7/30 CME Lean Hog Index was $112.04 after a 4 cent pull back. Pork...
- Wheat Futures Mostly Higher This Morning
- Wheat futures were 1 cent lower to 6 cents higher overnight. Chicago SRW leads the bulls this morning. Tuesday wheat trading was relatively firm compared to the other row crop futures. KC HRW prices ended the session 4 to 4 1/4 cents higher. July ’22 contracts stayed fractionally weaker at...
Dodge City, Kansas (67801)